What is "ECU remapping" "Chip tuning" "ECU Chipping" "Diesel Tuning"?
DPS are independent ECU remapping specialists. Therefore we have no official connection with any vehicle manufacturer.
ECU remapping will improve diesel performance for your tractor, truck or ute
What motoring benefits will be achieved through re-mapping?
Results will vary from vehicle to vehicle, but typically the re-mapped vehicle will enjoy the following benefits immediately:
- increased performance
- increased torque
- increased fuel efficiency
- prolonged life of the engine, due to increased efficiencies
As a guide, these gains could be typically quantified as follows:
- road vehicles: 20-30% more power
- Agriculture (turbo): 25-35% more power
As a result of these gains, our clients are able to work faster. For example, a client of ours has achieved a 6-13% fuel saving on his tractors; and his harvesters now use five litres of fuel less per hectare.
Note: agricultural vehicles vary considerably. To discuss likely gains with your agricultural vehicle, please call Chris on 027 471 1173.
What sort of vehicles do you work with?
We can re-map most of the following vehicles and machinery, depending on make or model, the key is if your vehicle has an electronic injection pump or common rail fuel system:
- agricultural vehicles, harvesters etc
Will a remap damage my engine?
Can anything go wrong?
- damage the vehicles engine control unit
- cause the vehicle to go into “limp mode”
- cause a dangerous “over-boost” in power
- cause damage to expensive engine parts (including the drive-train)
Our technicians are fully-qualified and experienced and we guarantee our results.
Do you offer any guarantees?
- that you will achieve at least a 10% improvement in performance or fuel efficiency, otherwise we will re-map the vehicle until those improvements are achieved. If these improvements are still not achieved, we will refund your re-mapping fee in full;
What happens if I replace my ECU after it has been re-mapped?
What if the manufacturer re-sets my vehicle's software to standard after it has been re-mapped?
Do I have to bring my vehicle to you?
We are fully capable of re-mapping your vehicle on-site or at our own department.
How long does a "re-mapping" job take?
We are mindful of our clients need to get their vehicles back on the road as quickly as possible.
The actual writing/re-mapping in the vehicles does not take long. It is the technical background work and costs associated in developing the software that is time consuming. A re-map can be done same day service if we come to you.
How much does it cost?
Do you offer any discounts for multiple vehicles?
When do I have to pay you?
What methods of payment do you accept?
How soon can you arrive?
Do you offer a nationwide service?
Why should I use Diesel Performance Solutions?
- we have over 16 years’ experience in vehicle re-mapping
- we develop our own software, specifically for NZ conditions
- we modify engine software in-house, ensuring you finish up with a high quality, comprehensive remap.
- we partner with re-mapping companies in Australia and Europe, giving us extra experience and expertise to call on
- we travel to you, saving you time and inconvenience
- we guarantee our workmanship and results